Number One in Umhlanga
How Do You Know When You're In Umhlanga's #1 B&B?
Knowing where you are is always a good thing, but how can you tell if you’re in Umhlanga’s #1 B&B? (That’s us, by the way!) We’ve created this quick guide to help you figure it out:
- Upon arrival, you’re greeted at the door by two of the world’s best dogs.
- When checking in, you’re surprised to find your accommodation is ridiculously well-priced, especially when compared with other establishments in the area.
- You’re shown to your room, and it’s spotlessly clean! It also has everything you need. Who knew!?
- You ask your host for a dinner recommendation, and they adjust their suggestions in accordance with your palate.
- Or, while you’re thinking about what to do for dinner, your host suggests a braai! What is that? Worry not, international guests – a braai is a barbecue, but South Africans do it best!
- You return after dinner and head to the bar at Anchor’s Rest, but there’s no barman! That’s the honesty bar system. Enjoy your favourite nightcap, and we’ll worry about payment when you check out.
- Settling into bed, you can’t help but feel the luxury of crisp sheets and freshly laundered linen.
- You awake to a gorgeous Durban day, and head towards the Anchor’s Rest dining room. Once there, you’re treated to an incredible breakfast that you’ll tell your friends about for years.
- A little walk to work off your breakfast takes you right to one of the world’s most beautiful beach promenades.
- Long after your Umhlanga holiday ends, you can’t wait to come back to enjoy the homely, yet luxurious, lifestyle at Anchor’s Rest.
We hope to see you again soon, at Anchor's Rest,